Clark County, Ohio

History and Genealogy



Springfield in 1859

From Springfield & Urbana Directory, C. S. Williams, 1859


CHURCH DIRECTORY

Baptist.— Corner Limestone and High. Rev. —— Brown, Pastor

Catholic.— High street east of Spring. Rev. —— Howard, Pastor.

Congregational Church.̬Centre steet between Main and High—vacant.

English Lutheran Church.—North side High near Factory.

Episcopal Church—Corner High and Limestone. Rev. Dr. Brooke, Rector.

German Lutheran Church&38212;Columbia Street. Rev. Charles Stroud, Pastor.

Methodist Episcopal Church.—Columbia street. Rev. W. J. Ellsworth, Pastor

Methodist Episcopal Church.—North side High. Rev. W. J. Fee, Pastor.

Methodist Protestant Church.—South side Washington between Market and Centre. Rev. J. B. Walker, Pastor.

Preswbyterian Church.—North side Main between Market and Centre. Rev. W. T. Findley, Pastor.

Second German Lutheran.—North Street

Universalist Church.— North side Washington between Centre and Factory—vacant.

United Presbyterian Church.—East side Limestone between High and Washington. Rev. Dr. Clokey, Pastor.





Links

Ohio Genealogy



Home

Advertising

Battle of Piqua

Biographies

Cemeteries

City Charter

County Politics and Roster of Officers

Early Clark County

George Rogers Clark

Clark-Shawnee Centennial

Education in Clark County

Ghost Towns

Indians in Clark County

Pioneers and Pioneer Days

Simon Kenton

Military History

Miscellaneous

The National Road

Obituaries

The Old Northwest

Organizations

Photos

Prehistory

Springfield in 1852

Springfield in 1859

Springfield in 1863

Springfield in 1868

Springfield History

SHS 1951 Yearbook

State and County Government

Then & Now










Host your genealogy or history site on AncestralSites.com! Only $25 annually for 1gb of space!